Saturday, January 13, 2007

Automatic pool cleaner suction hose

I learned this lesson first many years ago when vacuuming my parent’s pool I plugged the 1.5-inch copper suction pipe with leaves from their peach tree. It became apparent to me again as I began to use my new Navigator pool cleaner…always use a leaf canister with the suction hose.

While I was lucky enough not to plug my new pool’s pipes, the first time the kids were tracking leaves in from off the nearby grass it became apparent that these leaves are collecting in the pump basket (a.k.a. pot) where they slow down the suction flow from all sources. However, when using a leaf canister with the vacuum, it is like catching the debris in the skimmer basket; my three suction lines “rebalance” themselves for a more efficient flow.

For less than $50 I have reduced the strain on my pump motor and hopefully will not have to unclog my suction lines.

No comments:

 
Resources Blogs - Blog Top Sites
eXTReMe Tracker