Tuesday, December 5, 2006

What Color Is Your Swimming Pool?

"A Homeowner's Guide to Trouble-Free Pool, Spa, and Hot Tub Maintenance" What a mouth full. I do not believe this book lives up to its title. It deals with many of the primary issues with owning a pool but not in depth.

I recommend checking it out at your local library before buying this book. If you are building a pool book library, it is worth owning for $15 to $20. If not, I would spend a few extra bucks for "The Ultimate Pool Maintenance Manual."

The third edition (ISBN 1580173098) was published in 2003, so it is just beginning to show its age.




The second edition (ISBN 1580170366) was published in 1998.

1 comment:

The Pool Guy said...

Is that book still around? Back in nineteen hundred and mumble, mumble, when I first went to work part time cleaning pools for a friend of mine, I bought that book at Home Depot. Actually, it may have been Homer's, before Home Depot days. It was the first thing I read that made any sense to someone coming from ZERO pool background. It may not have been perfect, but it was what it was; a great starter book. Here, all these years later, I own my own pool service company and am shamelessly bashing salt systems over at my blog

http://thepoolbiz.blogspot.com

But to think, it all started with What Color is Your Swimming Pool?

 
Resources Blogs - Blog Top Sites
eXTReMe Tracker