Thursday, December 28, 2006

Pool Nerd

The “poolnerd” is a Southern California pool contractor/subcontractor willing to give his advice freely. He does not appear to have any “ax to grind” or ulterior motive, just a good place to find his opinion about swimming pool and spa topics. You will find insight into the pool construction business and process through many of the posts. He covers many construction topics thoroughly from what I can tell through a quick reading of some of the posts.

Previously, my post stated that there does not seem to be any comments about the problems associated with elevated levels of CYA (Cyanuric Acid, a.k.a. Stabilizer or Conditioner) from the constant use of stabilized dry chlorine (e.g., dichlor and trichlor). While true, this was not the best statement I could have made about this website. I had been discussing the problem with others and it was just the first thought I had as I was reading through some of the topics. There is a section about pool chemistry that is informative but this topic is not the primary intention of Poolnerd’s website (my apologies for misleading anyone).

1 comment:

poolnerd said...

Thank you for the kind words about my site -- we all need some positive feedback once in a while.
About the CYA thing, though: my site is geared mainly toward pool design and construction, but since I'm a "pool nerd," I've got a link for you to check out:
http://www.ppoa.org/pdfs/PrP_Cyanurics%20-%20Benefactor%20or%20Bomb.pdf
It's a pdf document from the Professional Pool Operators of America, a trade group for operators of large commercial pools, like waterparks, and municipal/competition pools. Some interesting stuff that goes against established "wisdom" and is backed up by some research.
Thanks again for the good review.

 
Resources Blogs - Blog Top Sites
eXTReMe Tracker